Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Joe's the MAN

It is strange how life turns out for some. What is it that makes some people pick up a drink and never put it down again? While others can say no!

The past six months I have worked from an office in Plumstead. I have learn't a lot. Some evenings I leave feeling revitalised because of the people around the area, other evenings I leave saddened that for some people life is just so hard and not fair, feeling like a failure in myself for not being able to do something. Pete has wise words - We try to make a difference one day at a time. Let's see what tomorrow might bring.

Joe is old enough to be my dad I am sure and for whatever reason life has not always been kind to him. We try to make a difference in Joe's life but the choice i think has to be his. All we can do is offer him a hand. There are days that Joe takes the hand and days where he is unable to because the night before was not kind to his addiction.

But Joe is a kind helpful man and we love him.

No comments: