Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Meeting Jason


I have been very curious since the first time I saw him walking his baby girl in a stroller. He is different from everyone else and this has made me curious. I wanted to meet him and to learn more about him. We have been greating eachother in passing, Yesterday we spoke for the first time.


Jason is Hari chrishna. He is raising his daughter to be one too. He is friendly and open to converasation. Jason has seen me around with my minister's collar on and therefore knew I was a minister. I was glad my faith was not an abstacle in our conversation but instead we spoke freely about both our faiths and i enjoyed it.


Do I have to reject others becasue of what they believe? Is it possible that I can have friends who believe differently to what I do? I do not think it is only possible I think we are called to befriend all people. In befriending them it does not mean that we have to accept what they believe. It does however mean that we are prepared to listen, respect and celebrate our differences.


Jason is a father, a husband, a deeply spiritual person. I am not so sure we are that different.

No comments: